Green: I’ve scored better
Daggers midfielder hits the winner against Gillingham, but does not think it was his best strike
Daggers explosive-winger Dominic Green bagged a stunning goal to earn his side a 2-1 win over Gillingham on Monday – but believes he has scored better.
Green started on the bench at Priestfield, but within nine minutes of his introduction as a substitute he fired in a stunning individual goal to extend Daggers’ unbeaten run to six matches.
The 22-year-old ran from the half-way line, beat two defenders and finished from the edge of the box, yet the modest midfielder could instantly recall two strikes he ranks higher.
“I don’t know if it was my best,” he said with a smile. “My first goal for Dagenham, when I first came on the scene – the free-kick against Chester – and one for Peterborough against Newcastle were good, but that is up there because of where we are at the table.
You may also want to watch:
“Before I came on the gaffer said ‘just make it happen’.
“As soon as I got the ball I thought I’m going for goal. I knew all the players were coming across, so I knew once I made a move it would take them out the game, so I knew exactly what I was going to do.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week