Green: I’ve scored better
Daggers midfielder hits the winner against Gillingham, but does not think it was his best strike
Daggers explosive-winger Dominic Green bagged a stunning goal to earn his side a 2-1 win over Gillingham on Monday – but believes he has scored better.
Green started on the bench at Priestfield, but within nine minutes of his introduction as a substitute he fired in a stunning individual goal to extend Daggers’ unbeaten run to six matches.
The 22-year-old ran from the half-way line, beat two defenders and finished from the edge of the box, yet the modest midfielder could instantly recall two strikes he ranks higher.
“I don’t know if it was my best,” he said with a smile. “My first goal for Dagenham, when I first came on the scene – the free-kick against Chester – and one for Peterborough against Newcastle were good, but that is up there because of where we are at the table.
You may also want to watch:
“Before I came on the gaffer said ‘just make it happen’.
“As soon as I got the ball I thought I’m going for goal. I knew all the players were coming across, so I knew once I made a move it would take them out the game, so I knew exactly what I was going to do.”
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood