Green heads out on loan to Darts
Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Dominic Green will spend the next month on loan at Blue Square Bet Premier side Dartford.
Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Dominic Green has made a loan switch to Dartford.
The 23-year-old has found first team chances limited this season, with only two starts to his name in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy fixtures earlier in the campaign.
And due to the lack of opportunities he has joined the Blue Square Bet Premier newcomers initially on a month’s loan, which can be extended for two further months.
The Darts, managed by Tony Burnham, are currently eighth in the division, three places off the play-offs in a fine first season at the level for the Kent side after winning promotion from the Blue Square Bet South last year.
You may also want to watch:
The 23-year-old is currently in his second spell with the Daggers after initially leaving Victoria Road for Peterborough in a deal believed to be around �200,000.
But Green had little luck at London Road and after loan spells at Chesterfield and Rushden & Diamonds moved back to the Daggers in November 2011.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 3 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 4 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
Last season he featured in 20 games for John Still’s side despite picking up niggly injuries throughout the campaign, scoring a fine individual goal in the 2-1 win over Gillingham in April, which effectively secured the club’s future in the Football League.
On the loan move, Daggers boss John Still said: “Dom needs to get some games under his belt. He hasn’t played very much this season and hopefully the loan move will help him gain his confidence.”