Green fingered, Sylviane Nisbet wins £1,000 in the St Francis Hospice Lottery
- Credit: Archant
A green fingered resident has become the latest winner of the St Francis Hospice lottery.
Keen gardener Sylviane Nisbet from Rainham got her hands on a grand after her number was drawn for the first prize in the latest draw of the Havering-atte-Bower lottery.
Sylviane said: “We’ve had a bit of bad luck at home recently.
“We had to get some of our windows changed, then the boiler went and just after that we found that the car had sprung a petrol leak. Then I lost my part-time bar job at the NALGO club in Hornchurch when that was closed so it was nice to get some good news for a change!”
The 64-year-old retired bank secretary is a keen supporter of the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I’m practically part of the furniture at the St Francis Hospice shop in Elm Park!.
“She and her husband Len are both active on the committee of the Elm Park Horticultural Guild organising trips and tours for members.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 4 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 5 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 6 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
She added: “I’m going to share it with my husband and two daughters, and perhaps some new net curtains for the replacement windows!”
To sign up for the lottery visit www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 771433 to buy tickets, or visit any Saint Francis Hospice shop to buy either a lottery gift voucher as a present or a one week entry for just £1.