‘Great news for residents’ as new Rainham golf course set to open
A new golf course in Rainham that has been described as ‘great news’ for locals, will be open within weeks.
The New Road course’s flood-lit driving range and nine-hole mini links golf course, are almost complete, although final work has been delayed slightly by the recent driving rain.
But that didn’t put off course mastermind Alan Walker, PGA pro Nick Moncur, and Cllr Jeff Tucker from taking a walk around the site recently (pictured).
The project has been around seven years in the planning, and will eventually have three, nine-hole, courses and a clubhouse.
Alan Walker, the designer of the course, said: “The idea was to create a facility for the people of Rainham, it will hopefully create more jobs and it will be a state of the art facility.”
You may also want to watch:
The former PGA Master Professional, and past PGA captain added: “I’ve been involved since the early stages, when it was a project where it was being thought about what facility could benefit the people of Rainham.”
Cllr Jeff Tucker (Independent Residents’ Association, Rainham and Wennington) said: “It’s great news for residents. I think it will increase property prices and the quality of life in the area.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals