“Glamorous” Brentwood life to feature in real-life soap opera
BRENTWOOD life is set to explode onto our television screens on Sunday with the start of ten-part reality show The Only Way is Essex.
Much of the action takes place in and around Sugar Hut night club in High Street, Brentwood and three of the seven main characters featured in the programme live in the town.
Wannabe Jordan and Brentwood resident, Amy Childs, 20, is a regular at the club.
“I can’t wait to be on television,” she said. “I’d like viewers to see that Essex is a great place to live. The Essex stereotype is not true – white stilettos have been replaced by Christian Louboutins now.”
Best friend Sam Faiers’ motto is ‘you’re here for a good time, not a long time’. She hopes that viewers would discover that Essex residents have a really glamourous lifestyle.
The 19-year-old, who wants to be a glamour model and said her favourite chat up line is ‘I’m not this tall I’m sitting on my wallet’ said: “I hate it when we go on holidays and boys cheer when you say you’re from Essex because they think they’re going to get lucky.”
The club’s 22-year-old promotions manager Kirk Norcross, son of the owner, calls himself “a cheeky chappy” who loves flirting.
- 1 Road closures in place after Romford flat fire
- 2 Man threatened and robbed of iPhone and bank card at Romford station
- 3 Firefighters rush to tackle Rainham grass fire
- 4 The Bitter End: Former Romford pub for sale again, with draft plan indicating it could be turned into 35 flats
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
- 7 Hammers stars surprise hospital patients and staff
- 8 ‘Great response’ in Romford at its inaugural World Naked Bike Ride event
- 9 Havering Council jobs cut: Process 'on track' but number of redundancies not revealed
- 10 Romford man charged after Essex Police investigation into sale of drugs in Chelmsford
A Thurrock resident, he is keen on Amy and part of the set up of the show is to see if they get together or not.
He said he was really looking forward to showing people what Essex people are all about.
“We’re not just flash people, we’ve worked hard to be flash.”
Brentwood model, singer, furniture dealer and eye lash technician Jessica Wright, 24, is also in the show.
The series is filmed just a few days before it is shown, giving those featured the chance to see what other people were saying about them very recently – and react accordingly.
An ITV spokesman said viewers would get to delve into the lives of some of the most glamorous people around.
“This is the place where nail bars, nightclubs and tanning salons are a big part of people’s lives. It’s all about expensive watches, designer clothing and champagne cocktails.
“Viewers will see the tears, the tantrums and the triumphs just like a real soap opera.”
The Only Way is Essex airs on Sunday on ITV2 at 10pm.