“Glamorous” Brentwood life to feature in real-life soap opera
BRENTWOOD life is set to explode onto our television screens on Sunday with the start of ten-part reality show The Only Way is Essex.
Much of the action takes place in and around Sugar Hut night club in High Street, Brentwood and three of the seven main characters featured in the programme live in the town.
Wannabe Jordan and Brentwood resident, Amy Childs, 20, is a regular at the club.
“I can’t wait to be on television,” she said. “I’d like viewers to see that Essex is a great place to live. The Essex stereotype is not true – white stilettos have been replaced by Christian Louboutins now.”
Best friend Sam Faiers’ motto is ‘you’re here for a good time, not a long time’. She hopes that viewers would discover that Essex residents have a really glamourous lifestyle.
You may also want to watch:
The 19-year-old, who wants to be a glamour model and said her favourite chat up line is ‘I’m not this tall I’m sitting on my wallet’ said: “I hate it when we go on holidays and boys cheer when you say you’re from Essex because they think they’re going to get lucky.”
The club’s 22-year-old promotions manager Kirk Norcross, son of the owner, calls himself “a cheeky chappy” who loves flirting.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
A Thurrock resident, he is keen on Amy and part of the set up of the show is to see if they get together or not.
He said he was really looking forward to showing people what Essex people are all about.
“We’re not just flash people, we’ve worked hard to be flash.”
Brentwood model, singer, furniture dealer and eye lash technician Jessica Wright, 24, is also in the show.
The series is filmed just a few days before it is shown, giving those featured the chance to see what other people were saying about them very recently – and react accordingly.
An ITV spokesman said viewers would get to delve into the lives of some of the most glamorous people around.
“This is the place where nail bars, nightclubs and tanning salons are a big part of people’s lives. It’s all about expensive watches, designer clothing and champagne cocktails.
“Viewers will see the tears, the tantrums and the triumphs just like a real soap opera.”
The Only Way is Essex airs on Sunday on ITV2 at 10pm.