Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- Credit: Lise Campbell-Price
A Gidea Park woman is organising a pop-up festival for next month.
Lise Campbell-Price said she wants the event to be "community-focused" and to bring local businesses together.
The mother-of-two told this paper: "I want to bring a community feel back to the area, and for people to reconnect after the past 16 months."
Lise, who owns her own events company, posted on a community Facebook group about her idea on Sunday (July 25), and has already received over 70 comments of support from local business and families.
"I've been thinking about it for a while, and I've already had such amazing feedback from the community," she added.
The Gidea Park resident, who moved back to the area four years ago, hopes to pull the event together by the end of August.
"This is my happy place," she added.
- 1 Local election 2022: HRA and Labour form new Havering administration
- 2 'Transformational’: What is the Elizabeth line and what does it mean for Havering?
- 3 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 4 Apology issued after NHS nurse 'was failed by short-staffed Queen's Hospital maternity ward'
- 5 Met Police reportedly 'scrutinising CCTV' in Havering electoral fraud investigation
- 6 Nude cycle ride supporting cyclists' safety and body positivity to come to Romford
- 7 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 8 Jailed: Woman raped by two men in 'depraved' set-up
- 9 NEU brands restructure 'detrimental' while trust says union 'not putting pupils first': Harold Hill school strikes resume
- 10 13 flats and three commercial units in new four-storey block approved for Romford town centre
"Now I just need businesses to put their money where their mouth is, and make this happen."
Get involved by contacting Lise on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thereallygoodeventsco/