Gemma Collins responds to LBC’s Steve Allen 'chubby' Tilly Ramsay remark
- Credit: PA
Romford’s Gemma Collins has responded to LBC radio presenter Steve Allen after he fat-shamed Gordon Ramsay’s 19-year-old daughter Tilly.
While live on air, presenter Steve, 67, spoke to a listener about Strictly Come Dancing contestant Tilly and said: “She’s a chubby little thing, isn’t she? Have you noticed? Probably her dad’s cooking, I should imagine.”
Taking to Instagram to support Tilly, Gemma said she was “so upset about the targeting of Tilly Ramsay".
She explained that she was "attached to the story" following "cruel" things Steve had previously said about her.
This comes as comments from the 67-year-old's Twitter account resurfaced including one published on July 28, 2014 which compared the former Towie star to a “beach hut”.
Another tweet, published on July 5, 2014 reads: “Poor poor Gemma, fat and boring, no friends apart from Bobby, known as little Ms misery. It’s all going pear shaped.”
Tilly published a statement on Instagram which stated she won’t “tolerate people that think it’s okay to publicly comment and scrutinise anyone’s weight and appearance”.
- 1 'Feels like family': Romford school delights in Ofsted outcome
- 2 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 3 Police investigate reports of disabled students' 'unexplained' injuries at college
- 4 Collier Row pub applies to 'enhance outdoor seating experience'
- 5 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 6 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 7 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 8 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 9 'Increased demand' to blame for overflowing Hornchurch bins, supermarket says
- 10 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
LBC was contacted for comment but did not respond at the time of writing this article.