GCSE results: Alice Porter of Bower Park is a star
A star Bower Park student has achieved some astonishing GCSE results – and a possible borough best.
The Romford school’s outgoing head girl Alice Porter, 16, gained the stellar result of 14 A* grades – including a top mark in her favourite subject.
“I was worried I wouldn’t get an A* in geography,” she said.
“I’m really excited, but I’m feeling mixed emotions – it’s scary having done that.”
The top scorer will now be going to study geography, maths, chemistry, biology and physics at Henrietta Barnett School in Barnett - but her heart remains firmly in Romford.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to come back here and work here as a geography teacher,” she said. “I love geography and I love this school.”
The school, on Havering Road, achieved its best ever set of GCSE results this year, with 86 per cent of students gaining A* to C grades, and 11 per cent achieving one or more A* or A grades.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 10 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes