GCSE results: Alice Porter of Bower Park is a star
A star Bower Park student has achieved some astonishing GCSE results – and a possible borough best.
The Romford school’s outgoing head girl Alice Porter, 16, gained the stellar result of 14 A* grades – including a top mark in her favourite subject.
“I was worried I wouldn’t get an A* in geography,” she said.
“I’m really excited, but I’m feeling mixed emotions – it’s scary having done that.”
The top scorer will now be going to study geography, maths, chemistry, biology and physics at Henrietta Barnett School in Barnett - but her heart remains firmly in Romford.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to come back here and work here as a geography teacher,” she said. “I love geography and I love this school.”
The school, on Havering Road, achieved its best ever set of GCSE results this year, with 86 per cent of students gaining A* to C grades, and 11 per cent achieving one or more A* or A grades.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 4 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 9 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says