Gayle tipped for greatness after signing new contract
Dwight Gayle has signed a new three-year contract with Dagenham & Redbridge and manager John Still believes the striker can be a big success
John Still hopes Dwight Gayle can become an all-time Daggers great after the striker signed a new three-year contract with the club.
Snapped up last year from Essex Senior League side Stansted after a prolific season, Gayle was sent out on loan to Blue Square North club Bishop’s Stortford where he astonishingly bagged a new club-record 42 goals.
Despite having a year left on his existing deal the 22-year-old has agreed terms on an extension that will run until 2015.
And manager Still believes Gayle is now ready to show he has what it takes to be a huge hit in the Football League.
You may also want to watch:
Still said: “He got a good year’s experience at Bishop’s Stortford, scored lots of goals and I’m hoping that he will follow in the footsteps of Paul Benson, Tresor Kandol, Ben Strevens and be a fantastic forward for us.
“He certainly has all the attributes and I know that a lot of supporters are quite anxious to see what he can bring to the party.”
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood