Gayle set for Daggers debut
League Two: Cheltenham Town v Dagenham & Redbridge, Saturday, August 18, kick-off 3pm
Striker Dwight Gayle is expected to make his highly-anticipated Dagenham & Redbridge debut at Cheltenham Town tomorrow after overcoming a thigh strain.
Gayle was withdrawn after 45 minutes of Saturday’s 6-3 pre-season win over West Ham and watched from the stands as Daggers suffered a 1-0 defeat to Coventry City on Tuesday night.
However, the 21-year-old is expected to be included in the 18-man matchday squad for the trip to Whaddon Road.
Dominic Green should be fit enough to be included on the bench, but fellow midfielders Kevin Maher (foot) and Matthew Saunders (ankle) are definitely out.
You may also want to watch:
Cheltenham Town have no injury problems with Steve Elliott and Jeff Goulding having recovered from their respective knocks.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood