Gayle hopes to make most of Championship chance with Peterborough
Dagenham & Redbridge striker Dwight Gayle, who has joined Championship side Peterborough United on loan, took the chance to meet and greet his new team-mates.
Striker Dwight Gayle is relishing the chance to prove his worth at Championship level after making the loan switch from Dagenham & Redbridge to Peterborough United.
The 23-year-old made the temporary move to London Road yesterday until January 2 and took the opportunity to meet up and train with his new Posh team-mates today.
Gayle hopes he can adapt quickly to his new environment and get down to business straight away, starting with their home game against Ipswich Town on Saturday.
“I am very surprised at how it has all come about so quick,” said Gayle. “I have had a look around and they have very good facilities here. I am usually quick to adapt to a new environment and hopefully that will be the case.
You may also want to watch:
“I had the opportunity to meet up with all the players and train today and they were all a good bunch. Hopefully I can make the most of this chance.”
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 7 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues