Gardening fans in for a treat with Elm Park Horticultural Guild’s winter show
Green-fingered Elm Park residents who enjoy a bit of colour can head down to a special anniversary show on Saturday (November 3).
The Elm Park Horticultural Guild is celebrating its 75th anniversary year in 2012, and will mark the change of season with a winter show at the Assembly Hall in St Nicholas Avenue.
There are classes for fruit, vegetables, floral art, crafts, pot plants, paintings and photographs, as well as special classes for young people.
Secretary Arthur Hall, 87, said the competition had really taken root since its humble beginnings.
“It used to be just a front garden competition,” said Mr Hall, who has been organising the show for 30 years. “It just grew.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “This year we’re down a bit, flowers-wise, because of the weather.
“It’s a good show despite that. It’s better than I thought.”
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
The show will be held between 3pm and 5pm.