Gala dinner pulls in �2,000 for Queen’s
A GLITTERING black-tie banquet of music and fine food managed to rack in �2,000 for charity at the Queen’s Theatre Gala Dinner Dance.
The funds were raised from the dance in aid of the Queen’s Theatre Development Fund at the Top Meadow Golf Club in Fen Lane, Upminster last month.
Queen’s Administrative Director Thom Stanbury beamed: “We very much enjoyed the Gala Evening, which gathered much-needed funds for the Queen’s to continue being a unique resource for the whole community to enjoy. Everyone’s encouragement has been particularly invaluable in this very difficult financial climate, so huge thanks to all who supported us on the night.”
Guests, who included Queen’s staff, management, trustees, local businesses and loyal supporters, enjoyed a sumptuous four-course gourmet meal, fantastic raffle prizes and captivating musical entertainment from the Queen’s professional ensemble of actor-musicians, cut to the chase… and local band Eden’s Gallery.
The night also saw revellers dancing the night away in the beautiful surroundings of the North Ockendon club house and grounds.
You may also want to watch:
As a registered charity, the Queen’s must constantly raise additional money to fund its wide-reaching programme of entertainment as well as its education and outreach activities. The Gala’s proceeds are especially welcome after the recent dismaying news that the Queen’s will lose nearly 7 per cent of next year’s Arts Council grant as part of the Government’s raft of spending cuts.
The funds will help keep ticket prices affordable for everyone, produce a great variety of top quality theatre productions and continue the Queen’s extensive Education and Outreach programme, which last year worked with more than 8,000 people on a huge range of projects.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 3 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood
- 8 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 9 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder