Fundraising Rat Pack tribute night at Romford War Memorial Social Club
The Romford War Memorial Social Club is hosting a series of fundraising nights to help with its restoration work.
A Rat Pack tribute night is the first, and will be held at the Eastern Road club next month.
The hall of the venue – which opened in 1953 to commemorate service personnel and civilians from Romford who died in World War II and as a social club for senior citizens - has now been almost fully restored.
The night, called ‘The Rat Pack Lounge – An Evening With Frank and Dean’, will take place on September 8 from 8pm.
Performers Jack Valentine – as Frank Sinatra – and Dean Ager – as Dean Martin – will perform hits including Fly Me to the Moon, The Lady is a Tramp, My Way and New York, New York.
You may also want to watch:
Jai Sepple, who has been leading the restoration project, said: “To raise urgently needed funds for the renovation and subsequent running of the club, we have a great many exciting events planned and we hope that the theatre will be a place where the members of the local community can socialise and have a great evening out while at the same time, help us raise money to keep this historic building alive and restore it back to its former glory in time for its grand re-opening next October.”
For more information about the Romford War Memorial visit www.romfordwarmemorial.org and for information about future events visit www.brooksidetheatre.com. Tickets are available online or by telephone on 01708 755 775.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 3 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 8 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 9 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 10 Heritage: Romford's key role in the English Civil War