Fundraiser to help 92-year-old who lost everything in blaze nears target
- Credit: Scruffy's Angels
A former Romford resident has set up a fundraiser for a 92-year-old who lost everything in the Dagenham fire.
Emma Manson created a JustGiving page in aid of Albert Harrison.
Albert, who has one leg, lost all his belongings including his electric wheelchair and cat in the July 19 blaze.
It comes after she met him at the Dagenham and Redbridge Football Club when she attended as a volunteer for pet rescue Scruffy’s Angels.
The fundraiser is in collaboration with Nightingale Angels – a voluntary group for the homeless – and so far, more than £950 has been raised since its launch on July 21.
Emma hopes more will be raised to buy Albert a new electric wheelchair.
The fundraiser reads: "Please if you can spare anything no matter how small, Albert and his family will be forever grateful."
- 1 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 3 Collier Row tearoom closes almost a year after opening
- 4 'We're still here': Romford pie and mash shop calls for locals to support the high street
- 5 Rom Valley Way: Romford society praises ‘thoughtful tenor of discussion’ around 860-home pre-application
- 6 Romford flooring company proposes disused shop as site for new three-storey building with six homes
- 7 Discovery of asbestos halts work to restore Romford flats' electric supply
- 8 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 9 Push for improvements to Rainham’s ‘devil’s corner’ crash hotspot
- 10 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
A raffle held by Scruffy’s Angels has also raised £150 so far.
Any additional money raised will be gifted to Albert to help him replace his belongings once he finds a permanent home.
Following the devastation caused by the blaze, residents described the aftermath as “like a warzone".
Donate to Albert at: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/albertneedsyourhelp.