Fundraise on the First: Community getting ready for first fundraising weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Recorder’s campaign with First Step is now stepping up a gear, ahead of our first weekend of fundraising.
On and around February 1, members of the public will come together to collect money for Fundraise on the First.
Broadford Primary School, in Faringdon Avenue, Harold Hill, is the first school to sign up.
Teachers will be challenging their pupils to take part in a sponsored skip.
The Recorder’s staff will be sampling tasty treats on Friday January 30 to raise money.
You may also want to watch:
Colleagues will pit their culinary skills against each other in the battle to win the baking contest, judged by our editors.
After the winner is crowned, the cakes will be available to all staff who donate £2.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
First Step’s event is a raffle, to be drawn on the same day.
Entrants could win two tickets to the Strictly Come Dancing tour and meet the dancers and celebrities.
The £5 raffle tickets, for over-18s only, are available from First Step’s reception in Tangmere Crescent, Hornchurch, until Thursday.
The Strictly show is on February 7 at the o2 Arena and the winner will be called on Friday.
Some in the community have already begun fundraising.
The Upminster and Cranham Residents’ Association has handed over £600 to First Step after hosting a dance, while the Rainham and Wennington Community Association collected more than £308 at a quiz last week.
Chairman Charles Lipman said he was “delighted” and hopes to host another later on.
To receive a fundraising pack, call Michelle Mitchell on 01708 556355 or visit firststep.org.uk.
To tell us about your events, email email@example.com