Frozen out again
More frustration for footballers
There was bitter disappointment for Hornchurch and Romford as their Bank Holiday matches fell victim to frozen pitches yesterday.
Boro’s Ryman One North clash with Ilford, scheduled to start at 1pm, was postponed after a 10am inspection at Mill Field, while Urchins saw their Premier Division derby with Aveley called off around midday.
And plans to put the Bridge Avenue fixture back 24 hours were scuppered by the work commitments of Aveley players.
Only five games out of 33 survived in the Ryman League, with Premier leaders Sutton winning 2-0 at Carshalton, while Cray repeated that scoreline to beat hosts Margate.
You may also want to watch:
The entire Division One North programme was again wiped out, while three matches were played in the South division.
But, with the weather growing milder as the week progresses, teams will be hoping to return to action on New Year’s Day, while Hornchurch visit Wealdstone and Romford travel to Leyton.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice