Frozen out again
More frustration for footballers
There was bitter disappointment for Hornchurch and Romford as their Bank Holiday matches fell victim to frozen pitches yesterday.
Boro’s Ryman One North clash with Ilford, scheduled to start at 1pm, was postponed after a 10am inspection at Mill Field, while Urchins saw their Premier Division derby with Aveley called off around midday.
And plans to put the Bridge Avenue fixture back 24 hours were scuppered by the work commitments of Aveley players.
Only five games out of 33 survived in the Ryman League, with Premier leaders Sutton winning 2-0 at Carshalton, while Cray repeated that scoreline to beat hosts Margate.
You may also want to watch:
The entire Division One North programme was again wiped out, while three matches were played in the South division.
But, with the weather growing milder as the week progresses, teams will be hoping to return to action on New Year’s Day, while Hornchurch visit Wealdstone and Romford travel to Leyton.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 9 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines