‘French-style’ perfume hits shelves of 99p Store in Romford - just don’t look too closely at the name
- Credit: Archant
“The price of love in Romford this Valentine’s is 99p.” That’s the message from one discount store.
Maria Noble, senior buyer at 99p Stores, is referring to a new French-style perfume bottle that has hit shelves just in time for Valentine’s night.
Ja Taime won’t fool any native speakers – “je t’aime” is, of course, the correct French for “I love you” – but that hasn’t deterred shoppers.
“These perfumes have been flying off shelves in Romford,” Maria added. “Our perfume is the ultimate ‘99p secret’ for women to tempt their men.
“We are aiming this mainly at women to buy for themselves – as well as men giving them as love gifts.
You may also want to watch:
“It looks like a £99 bottle – and certainly smells like one.”
Boxes of red “petals” and smart-looking champagne flutes are among the other romantic products available at the shop, which is in Market Place, with another branch in The Brewery.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations