Freezing weather continues in Havering
HAVERING residents are set to face another day of disruption to travel, work and schools as the cold weather continues.
Many woke this morning to find that no fresh snow had fallen during the night, but the pavements were covered with ice creating treacherous conditions.
Most of the main roads were cleared to keep traffic moving but many residential roads remained untouched.
On the roads there have been no reported accidents but drivers are being urged to allow extra time for their journeys in the icy conditions.
RJ Mitchell Primary School in Tangmere Crescent, Hornchurch is the only one of Havering’s 35 Primary Schools that have opened.
You may also want to watch:
Whybridge Junior School in Blacksmiths Lane, Rainham is the only Junior School in the borough opening today while all of Havering’s secondary schools are closed apart from The Royal Liberty School in Romford which opened from 10am.
Due to the adverse weather conditions the Arc and The James Oglethorpe Pupil Referral Units have been forced to close for yet another day.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
Ravensbourne School in Neave Crescent, Harold Hill is also closed while Dycorts School in Settle Road, Harold Hill remains open.
All of the buses are still running and there are no reported incidents on the London Underground.
On the railways the severe weather has caused further disruption for commuters with severe delays of up to 40minutes to National Express East Anglia trains, which serve routes into Romford, and some cancellations and delays of up to 25minutes to C2C services to and from Upminster.
Have you got any stories about the snow and weather conditions or pictures?
If so send them into email@example.com