Frank Lampard helps to open new Gidea Park barber shop
Famous sports personalities were at the opening of a new men’s barber shop in Gidea Park.
Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard and his father Frank Senior were present as Havering Mayor Lynden Thorpe cut the ribbon on the opening of Station Barbers in Station Road.
Owner Alex Funnell, 36, admitted that there was “a lot of pressure” doing the shop, but says he is “well pleased with the progress and outcome of the shop.”
Mr Funnell had a small shop across the road before and says that this new venture is an attempt to expand his business.
He describes the new barber shop as an “exclusive men’s barbers” that he has tried to take “back to the old school of traditional barbering.”
You may also want to watch:
Currently Mr Funnell works with his friend Will Ward, but hopes his business will take off.
He said: “I have five chairs and I want all five chairs running and busy.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’