Frank Lampard helps to open new Gidea Park barber shop
Famous sports personalities were at the opening of a new men’s barber shop in Gidea Park.
Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard and his father Frank Senior were present as Havering Mayor Lynden Thorpe cut the ribbon on the opening of Station Barbers in Station Road.
Owner Alex Funnell, 36, admitted that there was “a lot of pressure” doing the shop, but says he is “well pleased with the progress and outcome of the shop.”
Mr Funnell had a small shop across the road before and says that this new venture is an attempt to expand his business.
He describes the new barber shop as an “exclusive men’s barbers” that he has tried to take “back to the old school of traditional barbering.”
You may also want to watch:
Currently Mr Funnell works with his friend Will Ward, but hopes his business will take off.
He said: “I have five chairs and I want all five chairs running and busy.”
- 1 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 2 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 5 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London