Former Hornchurch man in Aveley hot-seat
Hodges given managerial reins
Former Hornchurch midfielder Lee Hodges has been appointed the new manager of Ryman Premier Division rivals Aveley.
Hodges, previously on the books of West Ham United and Scunthorpe, joins the Mill Field club after the departure of Carl Griffiths two weeks ago.
Aveley club secretary Craig Johnson confirmed the appointment earlier today and spoke of the club’s tradition of giving new managers their first opportunities in the game.
He said: “It has worked before for us, and with Lee and the backroom team he is bringing to the club, we feel it is the right time for those guys too.
You may also want to watch:
“The club has taken it’s time in reaching the appointment, and are confident that Lee will succeed.
“Lee will meet the players tonight and his first game in charge will be the Essex Senior Cup game against Redbridge on Wednesday.”
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 5 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 6 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 7 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
- 8 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 9 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 10 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace