Former Fulham midfielder joins Daggers
Free agent Matthew Saunders moves to Victoria Road
Former Fulham midfielder Matthew Saunders has joined Dagenham & Redbridge on a free transfer.
Saunders has been without a club since leaving Craven Cottage last summer, but has been snapped up by Daggers boss John Still after on-loan duo Eoin Wearen and Ahmed Abdulla returned to parent club West Ham United.
Saunders comes with League Two experience, having enjoyed a six-month loan spell at Lincoln City in 2010 – scoring three goals in 18 league games.
The 22-year-old could make his debut in Tuesday’s trip to Oxford United.
You may also want to watch:
Still said: “Matt Saunders is a player who we wanted to sign at the start of the season, he trained with us in pre-season but unfortunately picked up an injury.
“He’s now fully fit, he’s an all-action midfield player who can pass, move, get around the pitch and I think he’ll be a good addition.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
“Especially when you think that we’re so light in that area. Luke Howell has just started training, Peter Gain is still probably a month away from being involved and Kevin (Maher) perhaps even longer.
“Eoin & Ahmed have both gone back to West Ham now as well so we’ve been looking to bring someone in, Matty’s been back training with us for a while now and I think he’ll be ideal for us. He’s a young player with great potential.”