Former Collier Row resident to be Disneyland dance choreographer
A FORMER Havering resident is gearing up to choreograph a 1,000-strong dance parade at Disneyland Paris.
Christophe Chateau, 39, who grew up in Collier Row, has been commissioned to produce choreography for the parade which opens the Dance World Cup competition at the French resort in June.
The former Chase Cross Comprehensive School pupil, who now lives in Jersey with his wife and two daughters, said: “I was delighted to be given such a fantastic opportunity and challenge.
“I had just finished judging the German National final when they asked me, and I was honoured to say yes.
“When I was back in Jersey and had some time to think. I realised that we had a wonderful opportunity to create something really special and unique.”
You may also want to watch:
All 1,000 competitors from 22 different countries will be taking part in the parade, with a small team being filmed performing it initially so that others can learn it.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht