Flash mob invade Romford shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
Dance enthusiasts took over a Romford shopping centre.
Shoppers were given an insight into Bokwa, the new dance craze sweeping the nation at the Mercury Mall recently.
The flash mob was led by dance fitness instructor Jason Kashoumeri and a team of 20 dancers.
He said: “Everyone loves a bit of music.
“There were people crowding around, taking photos and asking what it was.”
You may also want to watch:
Bokwa was established in 2000 by Paul Mavi, who wanted to integrate his passion for his South African roots into a dance and fitness routine.
It has already become popular in America.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 9 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
Jason said: “Not many people know what it is, but it all changed in the hour.
“We had people joining in and having fun, which is the whole point of exercise.”