First ever St Francis Hospice Lottery winner revealed
The first ever winner of the St Francis Hospice Lottery was announced this week, taking home a �1,000 cash prize.
Winner Nicola Stananought, of Blackmore, now plans to take her family on a holiday during the half-term break after scooping the hospice’s inaugural lottery on Friday (October 7).
Nicola, a nurse at the hospice in Havering-atte-Bower, said: “I was so shocked – I signed up for the lottery because it’s a fun way to support such a great cause. I never dreamed I would ever win, let alone in the first week.”
She was joined by Anita Wilson, of Brentwood, who won the bonus prize of a Fortnum & Mason’s hamper worth �500.
Anita, whose brother Keith was cared for at the hospice in 2003, said: “I’m thrilled with my prize, what a luxury! The hospice holds a special place in my heart so when I signed up for the lottery I wasn’t really thinking about what I could win. I’ll definitely be encouraging friends and family to play the lottery to support such a worthy local cause.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 2,000 people tried their luck in the new lottery, paying �1 a ticket.
Lucky first place winners, like Nicola, scoop �1,000, with �10 cash prizes and luxury hampers also up for grabs.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 4 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 7 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
To sign up, visit www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 771433.