First class university formula for three Hornchurch friends
Three lifelong friends from Hornchurch believe that they have come up with the perfect formula for helping students to get top marks at university – while having the time of their lives.
Former Havering Sixth Form College students Daniel Clark, Jacob Banfield and Robert Hanson, all 24, have written a book in which they reveal their guidance.
Daniel explained: “The ‘zen student’ is a concept we came up with for the book.
“It’s all about balancing your work life and your play, and doing the right things at the right time.
“It’s the book you need at the start of university, I wish I’d had it.”
You may also want to watch:
The friends – also former Sanders Draper School pupils – all studied business degrees at the University of Essex, with Jacob and Robert both getting first class honours, and Daniel missing out on the same by just half a mark.
Despite having such similar backgrounds, they are confident that their formula applies to students at other universities too.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 7 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
Daniel said: “We’ve had great feedback so far, including from a lot of students.”
To order the book, which costs �9.99 in paperback or �1.99 on Kindle, visit www.firstclassformula.com.