Firefighters tackle fire at Romford fast food restaurant
PUBLISHED: 16:59 08 May 2017 | UPDATED: 16:59 08 May 2017
A fire broke out at a fast food restaurant in Romford at the weekend.
More than 20 firefighters from Romford, Harold Hill, Hornchurch and Dagenham attended the scene in North Street on Saturday at 5.23pm.
The fire damaged all of the restaurant’s ducting - the extraction system - from the kitchen on the ground floor up to the roof.
The blaze also damaged part of the ground floor kitchen, the first floor flat about the restaurant and a small part of the roof.
Five people left the property before the firefighters arrived and one person was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene by paramedics.
A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: “Restaurant and take-away owners should always take care to make sure their extraction systems are kept clean as a build up of fat and grease within the filters can lead to a fire.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Romford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.