Firefighters tackle blaze in storage containers near Upminster Bridge Station
Upminster Bridge Station had to be closed for a few hours on Sunday after a blaze in four storage containers nearby.
Around 20 firefighters from Hornchurch fire station attended the fire near Upminster Bridge Station on Sunday October 30 at around 3.30pm.
A 40 metre hazard zone had to be created because of the number of propane cyclinders involved and the risk of explosion.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.
Were you affected by the fire?
You may also want to watch:
If so contact the Recorder newsdesk on email@example.com
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says