Firefighters tackle blaze in Hornchurch tower block
Around 20 firefighters spent an hour putting out a blaze in a tower block in Hornchurch this morning (Wednesday).
At around 4.10am, crews were called to Overstrand House, in Sunrise Avenue to reports that a storage area on the second floor was on fire.
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: “It was a storage area for bikes and other things.
“Some of the residents had already evacuated themselves before we arrived. The room was very damaged.
“The cause of the fire is still under investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured in the blaze.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review