Firefighters called to kitchen blaze after Sunday lunch in Barnsley Road, Harold Hill
- Credit: sub
Some unexpected visitors arrived for Sunday lunch in Barnsley Road yesterday – the crews of two fire stations.
Firefighters from Romford and Harold Hill were called to the Harold Hill address after a kitchen blaze broke out while the meal was being cooked.
It happened after hot fat was accidentally poured onto a gas flame. The fire took about 10 minutes to put out.
Later in the day, Havering fire crews carried out a “hot strike” on the road in conjunction with the brigade’s local cycle team.
This saw firefighters leafleting every address in the street and speaking to householders to offer free fire safety checks and smoke alarm fittings.