Firefighters called after strip light overheats at Harold Wood Primary School

fire-engine-280113

- Credit: sub

How many firefighters does it take to change a light bulb?

Ten firefighters from Hornchurch and Harold Hill were called after an overheating strip light sparked a fire scare at Harold Wood Primary School on Friday (January 25).

The call came at about 3.30pm – after the children had gone home – when the strip light burnt out, singeing ceiling tiles and giving off a burning smell.

But it caused no further damage and the two crews only ended up opening some windows before leaving the Recreation Avenue school.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter