Fire destroys The Plough pub at Gallow’s Corner
A derelict pub was destroyed in a fire at the weekend.
The huge blaze at The Plough, Colchester Road, Gallow’s Corner started just before 8pm on Saturday and took 30 firefighters almost four hours to bring under control.
Half of the ground floor and 75 per cent of the roof were destroyed, although two chimneys on the pub are still standing. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Part of the A12 and some local roads were shut for much of the night and diversions were put in place.
Crews from Romford, Hornchurch, Dagenham, Ilford and Barking responded to the incident. A number of firefighters remained at the scene overnight to continue damping down the building.
You may also want to watch:
This is the second fire at The Plough this month.
Did you see the fire? Let us know by leaving your comments below.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 7 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 8 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 9 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 10 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'