Fire destroys The Plough pub at Gallow’s Corner
A derelict pub was destroyed in a fire at the weekend.
The huge blaze at The Plough, Colchester Road, Gallow’s Corner started just before 8pm on Saturday and took 30 firefighters almost four hours to bring under control.
Half of the ground floor and 75 per cent of the roof were destroyed, although two chimneys on the pub are still standing. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Part of the A12 and some local roads were shut for much of the night and diversions were put in place.
Crews from Romford, Hornchurch, Dagenham, Ilford and Barking responded to the incident. A number of firefighters remained at the scene overnight to continue damping down the building.
You may also want to watch:
This is the second fire at The Plough this month.
Did you see the fire? Let us know by leaving your comments below.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering