Fire crews put out flat blaze in Rainham
Firefighters battled to put out a flat on fire in Rainham last Saturday (August 4).
The four bedroom property on Mungo Park Road caught fire at around 3.10pm.
A spokesman for the fire brigade said that the blaze was caused by a resident leaving a tea candle burning while leaving the property and going to the shops.
He added that about 40 per cent of the flat was damaged as a result.
Crews from Hornchurch and Wennington stations spent around 15 minutes putting out the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured.
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 6 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 10 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row