Fire crews put out flat blaze in Rainham
Firefighters battled to put out a flat on fire in Rainham last Saturday (August 4).
The four bedroom property on Mungo Park Road caught fire at around 3.10pm.
A spokesman for the fire brigade said that the blaze was caused by a resident leaving a tea candle burning while leaving the property and going to the shops.
He added that about 40 per cent of the flat was damaged as a result.
Crews from Hornchurch and Wennington stations spent around 15 minutes putting out the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel