Fire crews called to Homes in Havering office, Harold Hill, after microwave blaze

Fire crews were called to the Harold Hill office of council housing management organisation Homes in Havering after a microwave caught fire.

The building, in Chippenham Road, had to be evacuated while firefighters from Romford and Harold Hill dealt with the blaze.

There were no injuries in the fire, which happened just before 2pm yesterday (Wednesday). The incident was over within 10 minutes.

You may also want to watch:

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter