Final push to ensure life-changing op for Elm Park toddler
An Elm Park toddler with cerebral palsy will get his life changing surgery in the US, but a further �11,000 still needs to be raised to make sure it happens.
Aiden and his twin brother Owen were hailed “miracle children” after being born 10 weeks premature on January 1, 2010, but Aiden was later diagnosed with cerebral palsy last March.
The condition left him unable to stand up without help and he needs the use of a walker.
Aiden’s mum, Vicky Thompson has been desperately trying to raise �60,000 which will pay for his operation at St Louis Children’s Hospital, in Missouri, that will enable him to walk independently.
A recent fundraising Mexican quiz, held on March 23, raised �575, and this will be added to the �28,583 raised so far.
You may also want to watch:
Aiden’s operation has been confirmed for May 15 and his family are delighted.
Aiden’s mum, Vicky Thompson, said: “Our flights and accommodation are booked so we are just desperately trying to raise the rest of the money needed for Aiden’s operation.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 9 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 10 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'
“We need to raise a further �11,000 as soon as possible and any donation, no matter how large or small will mean so much to us.
To help raise money, Vicky has planned a Fashion Show at 93 Feet East, 150 Brick Lane, that will take place on Thursday, April 5.
Tickets are �5 each and can be purchased through www.footstepsfashionshow.eventbrite.co.uk.
There will also be a London Bridges Walk on Sunday, April 15. For more details, visit www.aidensfootsteps.co.uk or email email@example.com.
You can also make a donation at www.justgiving.com/aidensfootsteps or by texting DAFF78 �1, �5 or �10 to 70070.