Final date closure revealed for Romford’s BHS store
- Credit: Archant
The doors of Romford’s BHS store will close for the final time next weekend - marking the end for the high street retailer.
The store located in the Liberty Shopping Centre is set to close next Sunday on the August bank holiday after administrator Duff & Phelps revealed the final date closures.
It is one the final seven London stores to close in the UK as the retailer brings down the curtain on its 88 years of trading.
A number of the chain’s high street stores have already closed with Saturday signalling the end for its flagship store in Oxford Street.
BHS collapsed earlier this year with a £571m pension deficit leaving 11,000 jobs at risk.
You may also want to watch:
In June, the BHS administrators explained despite multiple offers to buy the business, no deal could be agreed.
Are you a BHS employee or customer in Romford? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 6 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 7 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 8 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 9 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 10 Inadequate-graded Rainham care home reported to CQC by own staff