Final date closure revealed for Romford’s BHS store
- Credit: Archant
The doors of Romford’s BHS store will close for the final time next weekend - marking the end for the high street retailer.
The store located in the Liberty Shopping Centre is set to close next Sunday on the August bank holiday after administrator Duff & Phelps revealed the final date closures.
It is one the final seven London stores to close in the UK as the retailer brings down the curtain on its 88 years of trading.
A number of the chain’s high street stores have already closed with Saturday signalling the end for its flagship store in Oxford Street.
BHS collapsed earlier this year with a £571m pension deficit leaving 11,000 jobs at risk.
You may also want to watch:
In June, the BHS administrators explained despite multiple offers to buy the business, no deal could be agreed.
Are you a BHS employee or customer in Romford? Please email email@example.com with your thoughts.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 4 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 5 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 6 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 7 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 8 Nurse pulls man from burning car after Romford crash
- 9 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal