Motorcyclist dies in Romford crash
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist was killed in crash in Romford last night.
Police were called at 9.41pm on Thursday, September 10 to reports of a collision involving a car and a motorcycle at Gallows Corner.
The motorcyclist, a 53-year-old man from Essex, died at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers.
A 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and remains in custody.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses and anyone with dash cam footage to come forward.
The Met’s serious collision investigation unit want to hear from anyone who saw the collision, or the moments before it.
- 1 Isla Caton's mother pays tribute to seven-year-old whose 'love will last a lifetime'
- 2 Romford M&S employee celebrates 50 years' service
- 3 Father and son found guilty of Dagenham car park murder of John Avers
- 4 Plans to demolish council garages to build supported living for young people and disabled adults
- 5 Harold Wood academy given emotional wellbeing and mental health award
- 6 Mother's agony after daughter laid dead in Hornchurch flat for six weeks
- 7 Parking restricted at country park as work starts on Covid woodland memorial
- 8 Romford metal firm wants to 'rebuild trust' after residents stage protest
- 9 'A kind, gentle man': Tributes to retired printworker and beloved father
- 10 Man 'threatened' outside Indian restaurant in Brentwood
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting CAD 7670/10Sep.