'The worst time of our lives': Family of seven-year-old boy who died at Harold Wood pub thank community for support
PUBLISHED: 17:00 29 November 2018 | UPDATED: 10:59 30 November 2018
The family of a seven-year-old boy who died at a Harold Wood pub have thanked the community for its support and said that it has been the 'worst time of our lives'.
The family of a seven-year-old boy who died at a Harold Wood pub have thanked the community for its support and said that it has been the ‘worst time of our lives’.
Harvey Tyrrell died after an incident at the King Harold Pub in Station Road back in September, and now his parents have spoken of their grief.
Harvey’s funeral was on Friday, November 16 and tributes had previously been paid to the youngster by his football club Harold Wood Cougars, where Harvey played as part of the under 8 team.
They said he was a talented young boy who will be missed by everyone.
As a sign of respect the club also cancelled all junior football matches the weekend after his death, while the senior team wore black armbands and held a minute’s silence.
A spokesman on behalf of Harvey’s parents said: “We would like to say a huge thank you to Harold Wood Funeral Services for looking after our beautiful baby boy Harvey and helping to give him the best send off last Friday.
“HWFS were respectful, professional and supportive in what has been the worst time of our lives. We also like to thank the community for all the love and support, it has been completely overwhelming.”
A Harold Wood Cougars spokeswoman said back in September: “Harold Wood Cougars Youth Football Club are greatly shocked and saddened by the sudden death of one of our under 8s players.
“He was a talented member of the team and will be missed by everyone that knew him.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends and team mates at this terrible time and we hope they will given space to grieve.”
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) to the pub shortly after 5.20pm on Tuesday, September 11.
Officers and LAS attended and the seven-year-old boy was found with serious injuries.
He was taken to an east London hospital where he was pronounced dead at 6.33pm.
An inquest into his death opened on September 21, and a provisional inquest date was set for April next year.