Family affair in Romford fashion comp
IT was a family affair at The Get Into Fashion model competition as a Romford father and son were among the overall winners.
Ellis Khouri, 10, and dad Dudley, 38, were named the male winners in their age categories in the competition organised by The Mall Romford in association with the Recorder.
After eight weeks of competition, 25 model hopefuls, whittled down from more than 300 entrants, who were pictured in the Recorder, dazzled shoppers at the weekend.
The good-looking group strutted on the catwalk in an array of autumn fashions and eleven winners – including a boy and girl from five age groups and a plus size winner – were eventually chosen by the panel of judges.
A team of stylists from the shopping centre’s Toni and Guy Salon curled, back-combed and coiffed entrants’ hair in styles inspired by London Fashion Week, while make-up artists from Brentwood-based Sui Generis World provided all the adult’s make-up, using a specialised new airbrush foundation.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Mick Knowles said: “It was a brilliant day and such fun.
“The models all worked really hard and it really was a baptism of fire for them. Dudley and Ellis were hilarious.
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 5 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages
- 6 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 Appeal to identify bogus meter reader suspect
- 9 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
- 10 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
“Ellis was giving his dad stage directions.”
The group were snapped by professional photographer Ian Harding.
Prizes included generous portfolio photographic packages, donated by Len Dance Designer Images, each worth �800, Gift Card prizes from The Mall, and a �10 voucher from Silverleaf Jewellery.
Dudley said: “I kind of got roped into it when I was entering my sons for the competition, but it was really amazing to go all the way. Who knows what the future holds for us? The family are really proud.”
Dudley and Rachelle Radix, 20, were awarded a test photoshoot from Sandra Reynolds Model Agency, and Georgia Stephens, nine, was awarded a much-coveted year’s model placement by Truly Scrumptious Model Agency, which provides models for Next, Burberry, M&S and other top retail brands.