FA Cup Preview
Hornchurch v Concord; Southend Manor v Romford
FA Cup First Qualifying Round
Hornchurch v Concord
There is little love lost between these two clubs, but Urchins will be favourites going by the recent form guide.
Concord are still searching for their first win in the Ryman Premier Division this season, while Jimmy McFarlane’s men netted nine times this week in victories over Tooting (6-0) and Aveley (3-2).
You may also want to watch:
McFarlane will not take anything for granted, despite seeing his side win both league meetings with Rangers last season.
Southend Manor v Romford
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 9 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 10 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'
Something has to give in this meeting of two in-form teams.
Boro are unbeaten in their last six games in Ryman Division One North and the FA Cup, but Manor are unbeaten as well and top of the Essex Senior League.
Romford manager Paul Martin admits the �3,000 prize money would be vital for the club and would like to see his side tighten up a bit, after a nerve-jangling 5-4 win at Waltham Abbey in midweek.