FA Cup: Hornchurch handed Hereford trip
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Hornchurch have been handed a long trip to Hereford in their third qualifying round of the FA Cup.
Urchins booked their place with a 2-1 win at Bostik North rivals Hertford Town on Saturday, when Leon McKenzie cancelled out the home side’s opener.
George Purcell then netted a late winner, before he was given his marching orders for retaliation in stoppage time.
Victory saw Urchins pick up £4,500 in prize money, having already pocketed £4,925 from beating Brentwood and Romford in the earlier rounds.
And another £7,000 will be up for grabs on September 30, when they travel to Edgar Street to take on the in-form Evo Stik South Premier side, who beat Kempston Rovers 4-0 at the weekend after an 8-0 win over Godalming Town in the first qualifying round.
You may also want to watch:
The Bulls beat Royston Town (4-1) and Stratford Town (5-2) in between their two FA Cup ties and will provide a tough test.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 6 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 7 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 10 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence