Best friends open beauty academy in Romford Shopping Hall
- Credit: Ken Mears
Two best friends of 18 years opened a beauty salon and training academy in Romford Shopping Hall on Monday, April 12.
Co-owners Emma West and Eni Caushi, both 29, have been best friends since Year 7 and are thrilled to be working together at Eyelash Bar.
Eni said: “We’re like family really.
“It’s amazing, we bicker half the time, but it’s just our banter and there’s never any hard feelings.
“I’m very lucky to have her and get into business with her.”
You may also want to watch:
Eyelash Bar was both fully booked and taking walk-ins on the day it opened for the first time - which was also the day non-essential retail around the country was able to reopen as part of the government's lockdown easing roadmap.
Romford-born Emma said: “The salon looks amazing, and there has been a lot of interest as people walk by.”
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 7 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
The back of the unit is used as a training academy for two-day courses in eyelash and eyebrow treatments and waxing, and all the salon’s staff are former students.
Beauty therapist Shannon Croly, an ex-NHS worker, said: “I wanted to enjoy my job and work for myself, so Emma convinced me to train in the academy.”