Explore Brentwood’s country parks this half-term
- Credit: Archant
For a fun-filled February half-term you can visit Thorndon and Weald Country Parks.
There are activities lined up for the whole family to enjoy next week.
From Saturday, February 16, until Sunday, February 24, a Spring into half-term event will take part along a self-guided trail looking for clues around the parks. Prizes are available for all completed trails.
On Sunday, February 17, visitors to Weald can learn how to build a bird box for their gardens.
A pirate and princess themed trail will take place at Thorndon Country Park on Friday, February 22. Visitors are encouraged to come in fancy dress and to pick up their own treasure map to follow clues before receiving their prize.
You may also want to watch:
County Cllr Jeremy Lucas, cabinet member for customer services, environment and culture, said: “This February half-term I encourage families to get out and about and to take part in activities that are on offer at the local Essex Country Parks.
“The green spaces that serve our county are the perfect environment for open-air family entertainment all year round – why not get out and enjoy them.”
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations