Experience Romford cocktail making master class
- Credit: Archant
If you don’t know what to do for your hen party or 21st birthday, learning how to whip up mouth-tingling cocktails could be the perfect solution.
Missoula, South Street, Romford, is the town centre’s only cocktail bar which specialises in some of our favourite drinks including Sex on the Beach and Mojitos.
Its doors are open for anyone over the age of 18 wanting to take part in a cocktail making masterclass and it seemed just the job for me to try it out for myself.
Ryan Condy, bartender and cocktail expert, first helped me to prepare Sarah Jessica Parker’s poison of choice – the Cosmopolitan.
Creating this fruity cocktail is a great workout for your upper arms as you have to mix the ingredients – including Absolut Citron and Triple sec – until you are left with a delicious drink that would get any party started.
You may also want to watch:
Next on the list was the Mojito.
After popping six lime wedges and a handful of mint into a glass, along with white rum and sugar syrup, our perfect summer drink was completed.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
Genevieve Smith, sales co-ordinator, said: “This is one of our most popular drinks because it is refreshing and a little bit different compared to some of our other cocktails.”
Last but certainly not least was the Pornstar Martini.
For someone who isn’t too keen on Martinis, I wasn’t sure how much I was going to enjoy this drink.
But nevertheless, once I concocted the mix, I did not want to put my glass down.
This was not your everyday Martini as you get to appreciate the sweet taste of passion fruit as well as an accompaniment of a shot of Prosecco as a palate cleanser.
Feeling a little more ligh- headed as I left than when I walked into the bar, I took away three recipes for delicious cocktails that I could easily make for family and friends at home.
Genevieve said: “We have a wide range of about 20 cocktails that are on offer when you come to Missoula.
“Our cocktail making classes are great experiences for anyone who is thinking about having a party and it is something a bit more fun rather than a sit-down meal in a restaurant.”