Exhibition aims to lift east London businesses out of slump
A HUGE event to help drive east London businesses out of the economic gloom will feature dozens of exhibitors, free seminars and advice and information on financial services.
The first annual Expo event, sponsored by Archant London – publishers of this newspaper – on October 19 is not to be missed, said Jamie Banks, chairman of the organising committee, as it targets the needs of the 30,000-strong business community, who will get help to succeed and grow.
He is expecting to welcome hundreds of the region’s business owners and managers to the Sanofi-Anentris plant in Rainham Road South, Dagenham, for the fair.
They will find a free “meet the buyer” event to help small and medium-size companies to secure business with large contractors, and seminars throughout the day at hourly intervals covering a wide range of topics.
These will include how to get the best from an internet strategy, sales and marketing, effective networking, employment law updating, raising finance, and acquiring business support. And they are all free.
Mary Clements, events and marketing manager for Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce, says registering in advance will ensure a place, as this activity is expected to be popular,
Two of the day’s sessions will be given over to helping businesses prepare to deal with buyers, with a motivational speaker to help sellers to get the best out of their sales and marketing opportunities.
- 1 ‘Great response’ in Romford at its inaugural World Naked Bike Ride event
- 2 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
- 3 Romford man charged after Essex Police investigation into sale of drugs in Chelmsford
- 4 Upminster fire: 80 firefighters tackle grassland blaze as warm weather continues
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Four care providers in Havering rated overall 'outstanding' by CQC
- 7 Havering Council’s cabinet: Who are they and what are their backgrounds?
- 8 Get your fill of tacos, burritos and more as Taco Bell announces opening date for new Hornchurch restaurant
- 9 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 10 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
In the evening there will be a free networking event in the Expo marquee. Registration is also advised for this as numbers will be limited.
Information and registration can be found at www.eastlondonexpo.co.uk.
The main part of the Expo will run from 10am to 6pm, and then conclude with the networking event from 6pm to 8pm. The venue has excellent car parking and is accessible by public transport. There will be free tea and coffee on the day for all.
A cash bar and snack service will also be provided.