EXCLUSIVE: ‘Serial killer’ - words Tony O’Toole used to describe himself hours before killing Luke Harwood
- Credit: Archant
“Serial killer on the loose” – these are the portentous words murderer Tony O’Toole used to describe himself hours before he helped kill Luke Harwood.
His baby-faced accomplice Emma Hall uploaded this picture to Facebook the same evening Luke moved into her house – May 27, 2012. O’Toole made the comment beneath it at 8.21pm.
The next morning, Luke was dead. O’Toole and his housemate James Danby had stamped on his head so many times it had “popped”, before dumping his body near a stream in Woodford Green.
In the photo, we see the three people convicted on Wednesday of Luke’s killing – Danby in the foreground, O’Toole behind him, and Hall herself reflected in the glass.
Captioning the picture, Hall affectionately refers to Danby as “Uncle Jay” - a stark contrast from O’Toole’s claim months later that Danby was a “monster” who had destroyed all their lives.
You may also want to watch:
As they posed for the camera, were they already planning the savage attack that cost a young father his life?
- 1 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 2 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 10 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?