Ex-Hammers and Spurs stars in Upminster fundraising bid for cancer sufferer Rebecca Warren
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers in Upminster hope their football-themed social evenings with former West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur legends will help towards the treatment of a cancer sufferer in the US.
Rebecca Warren, 31, has a brain tumour and three tumours in her spine, and she’s endured several bouts of gruelling radiotherapy.
Sadly, in November, Rebecca was told by doctors there was nothing more they could do.
However, she hopes specialist treatment in the States, costing £250,000, will save her.
Around £9,000 has been generated so far.
You may also want to watch:
Now invitations are being extended to the nights at the West Lodge Function Suite, in Corbets Tey Road, with the first booked for Friday, March 29 - the day after Rebecca’s birthday.
Ex-Hammers Alvin Martin, Frank McAvennie and Julian Dicks will be there, with a host of signed memorabilia.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project
A second fundraiser will also be held with former Tottenham footballers Steve Perryman, Martin Chivers and Micky Hazard, on Friday, April 12.
Food and drink will be available to buy on both night. To attend, call Gary on 07895 849731.
For more details about Rebecca, from Dagenham, visit www.rebeccawarren.co.uk