Ex-Eastenders star visits Hornchurch charity shop
A SOAP celebrity stopped by in Hornchurch to help re-launch a charity shop.
Ex-Eastenders star Lucy Benjamin visited Age Concern’s store in High Street, Hornchurch, last Saturday, to meet the staff and volunteers and helped serve some customers while she was there.
Lucy said: “It was lovely to meet everyone at the Age Concern Havering charity shop and I was happy to give my support to a charity who are here to help the local community.”
The shop recently underwent a refurbishment.
Julie Harper, community fundraising manager for Age Concern, said: “We needed to make better use of the space we have available, to enable us to accept and display more donations. “All the work has been done by volunteers and has made a real difference to how the shop looks”.
You may also want to watch:
She added: ”We are really grateful to Lucy for giving up her time and offering her support to us.”
Now the shop is desperate for more items to be donated to be sold since the recent spell of bad weather stopped some people venturing out and offering donations.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 9 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
They need womenswear, menswear, partywear, handbags, shoes, bric-a-brac and books. Donations can be taken into the shop at 143 High Street, Hornchurch between 9am and 5pm. A collection service is available for larger donations. For this service telephone the shop on 01708 474016.