Ex-Eastenders star visits Hornchurch charity shop
A SOAP celebrity stopped by in Hornchurch to help re-launch a charity shop.
Ex-Eastenders star Lucy Benjamin visited Age Concern’s store in High Street, Hornchurch, last Saturday, to meet the staff and volunteers and helped serve some customers while she was there.
Lucy said: “It was lovely to meet everyone at the Age Concern Havering charity shop and I was happy to give my support to a charity who are here to help the local community.”
The shop recently underwent a refurbishment.
Julie Harper, community fundraising manager for Age Concern, said: “We needed to make better use of the space we have available, to enable us to accept and display more donations. “All the work has been done by volunteers and has made a real difference to how the shop looks”.
You may also want to watch:
She added: ”We are really grateful to Lucy for giving up her time and offering her support to us.”
Now the shop is desperate for more items to be donated to be sold since the recent spell of bad weather stopped some people venturing out and offering donations.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 4 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 7 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 8 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 9 Award-winning Kushi restaurant sets up initiative to help fundraisers
- 10 West Ham's Jack Sullivan signs on as Saint Francis Hospice ambassador
They need womenswear, menswear, partywear, handbags, shoes, bric-a-brac and books. Donations can be taken into the shop at 143 High Street, Hornchurch between 9am and 5pm. A collection service is available for larger donations. For this service telephone the shop on 01708 474016.