Enjoy spectacular firework displays in Havering
Watch a spectacular firework displays in Havering to mark this year’s bonfire night.
The borough’s biggest fireworks display will be at the Romford and Gidea Park Rugby Club on Friday, November 2 at the Clubhouse and grounds in Crow Lane from 5pm.
The event will have activities for all the family, including a fun fair for children, food stalls; a BBQ, a Lady Gaga tribute act at 7pm, followed by a fireworks display. A DJ and live band will be performing from 9pm.
Bill Downton, treasurer of the group, said: “The display will be magnificent and spectacular, and we are expecting a good turnout. Last year’s display was described as the best as the borough, so we are hoping it will be just as good this year.”
He added that this was the third year the group was putting on the event, and they expected the same amount of visitors as last year.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that the weather stays good, and that people come out for it. Last year we had between 3,500 and 4,000 people, so it was a good turnout.
“And then money all goes to a good cause; the rugby club is a registered charity, and the money raised goes back into the club.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
Advance tickets cost �6 for adults; �5 for children and OAPs; and �15 for a family ticket of two adults and up to three children.
Tickets on the night will cost �8 for adults; �5 for children and OAPs; and �20 for a family ticket. It is free entry for children aged under three.
Advance tickets are available from www.evenelephant.com/romfordfireworks2012. Tickets are also available from the Clubhouse in Crow Lane.
On Monday, November 5, a BBQ and disco will be held at The Saxon King pub in Harold Hill from 6pm.
Tickets cost �3 for adults and �1 for children on the door.