Enjoy family fun activities at this year’s Lighting up Brentwood
Enjoy performances from tap-dancing turkeys and see live reindeers at this year’s Lighting up Brentwood event on Saturday, December 1.
The event, from 12pm to 6pm, will also include local groups performing on the main stage near Wilson’s Corner, BBC Essex, Phoenix FM, Snowball Sprites and many street performers.
It will also be the start of Christmas window competition, and will include an afternoon of festive fun for all the family.
The Mayor of Brentwood, Cllr Ann Coe, and the winner of Brentwood Council’s children’s Christmas Card design competition will be turning on the Christmas lights at 5pm.
Children can take part in the Secret Santa Christmas Treasure Hunt by seeking treasure around the High Street by visiting shops and collecting clues.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Mark Reed, chairman of Brentwood Council’s business, community and culture panel, said: “I am very excited about this year’s Lighting Up Brentwood. We have lots going on and everyone in the family’s going to have fun.
“I would like to thank the very generous local shops, groups and businesses who have made it all possible.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority